After the development and implementation of the accreditation model that in 2007 led to the Spanish adaptation of the quality assurance systems derived from the European Higher Education Area, a system that covers an institutional dimension in the accreditation process is now necessary to be aligned with the current trend of quality assurance in the European Higher Education Area.
The current accreditation model has become a costly process for both universities and agencies, bureaucratized with a lack of vision in its institutional and strategic context, for this reason Royal Decree 1393/2007 is modified, to allow those centers that have obtained the institutional accreditation, renew the accreditation of their official taught degrees without having to submit themselves to the procedure provided in this Royal Decree, modification that is developed and regulated in article 14 of Royal Decree 420/2015, May, 29, of creation, recognition , authorization and accreditation of universities and university centers
As a result of the modification of Royal Decree 1393/2007 and of article 14 of Royal Decree 420/2015, Resolution of March, 7, 2018, of the General Secretary of Universities is approved, whereby instructions are issued on the procedure for the institutional accreditation of centers of public and private universities. It is intended to clarify and specify aspects related to this procedure: requirements, request, report, deadlines and resolutions.
- pdfProtocolo para la Renovación de la Acreditación Institucional de centros universitarios (Aprobado en la reunión de REACU celebrada el 15 de enero de 2020) new
- pdfRoyal Decree 1393/2007, of October 29, establishing the planning of official university education (Consolidated text of March 15, 2019) (Spanish)
- pdfRD 420/2015, of May 29, of creation, recognition, authorization and accreditation of universities and university centers. (Spanish)
- pdfResolution of March 7, 2018 of the General Secretariat of Universities, by which instructions are issued on the procedure for institutional accreditation of public and private university centers (Spanish)
- pdf"Evaluation Programmes: Procedures and Functions"