Royal Decree 822/2021, 28 September, on organisation of university education and the procedure for its quality assurance, regulates the process of modification of an implemented degree. It makes a distinction between substantial and unsubstantial modifications of studies plans.
The procedure that a degree must undergo to conduct these modifications will be different if the degree is provided by a centre that is either Institutionally accredited or not.
The modifications of a study plan must be produced as a result of the university analysis on its implementation and follow-up. These proposals must be approved by the univerisity governing bodies, with a previous favourable report of the internal quality assurance systems.
The unsubstantial modification of the studies plans taught at university centres which are not institutionally accredited, will be remitted to the corresponding Quality Assurance Agency, in this case to the AAC, that will conduct the review through the Directorate of Evaluation and Accreditation. The procedure will be carried out on the Application for follow-up and Accreditation renewal.
The unsubstantial modifications of the study plans provided at institutionally accredited centers, will be approved by the university governing bodies, with a previous favourable report, binding and preceptive, of the internal quality assurance systems.
The substantial modifications of the study plans taught at univerity centres, both institutionally accredited and non-accredited ones, will be applied for to the Council of Universities and they will undergo the same process as the verification procedure.
- pdfRoyal Decree 822/2021, of September 28, establishing the organization of university education and the quality assurance procedure (Spanish) new
- pdfRoyal Decree 1393/2007, of October 29, establishing the planning of official university education (Consolidated text of March 15, 2019) Repealed. Applicable only for requests registered prior to their repeal (Spanish)
- pdfRoyal Decree 99/2011, January 28th, regulating official doctoral training (Consolidated text of June 3, 2016) (Spanish)
- pdfREACU - Guidelines for the preparation and evaluation of Bachelor's and Master's degrees in distance and blended learning (Spanish)
- pdfImplementation of REACU document "Guidelines for the preparation and evaluation of Bachelor and Master degrees in distance or blended education formats" (REACU agreement, 15 January 2020) (Spanish)
- pdfRequirements to access the Master in Health General Psychology after the incorporation of the mention in Health Psychology detailed in the order CNU/1309/2018 (REACU agreement, 15 January 2020) (Spanish)
- pdfAdaptation of Psychology degree curriculum to introduce the mention in Health Psychology detailed in the order CNU/1309/2018 (REACU agreement, 11 September 2019) (Spanish)