The first step for a university to obtain the acknowledgement of an official academic degree is the process of verification. The university has to submit an Self-Evaluation Report of the academic degree to the Universities Council for verification, using a computer platform designed for that purpose.
In order to elaborate a verification report, the Universities’ Council requests an Evaluation Report to the AAC, which is the agency with competences for this evaluation within the Autonomous Community of Andalusia.
In case of a positive outcome, the proposed curriculum is sent to the Regional, which gives the final approval.
After this approval, the academic degree is verified and recorded in the Registry of Universities, Centres and Degrees (RUCT), of the National Ministry of Education, and it can be implemented by the university.
Royal Decree 1393/2007, of October 29, established the planning of official university education, structuring it in Bachelor’s, Master’s and Doctoral degrees.
Bachelor's: general training aimed at the preparation for the exercise of professional activities (240 credits).
Master's: specialised or multidisciplinary training aimed at the academic or professional specialisation, or to facilitate the initiation in research activities (60-120 credits).
Doctorate: advanced training in research techniques, including the elaboration and viva voce of a doctoral thesis consisting of an original research work.
Royal Decree 1393/2007, of October 29, and Royal Decree 861/2010, of July 2, established the guidelines, conditions and procedure for the verification, modification, monitoring and accreditation that university curricula leading to official academic degrees must undergo prior to their incorporation to the University Registry of Centres and Degrees (RUCT) of the Ministry of Education.
- pdfGuidelines for the elaboration of the verification memorandum of Official University Degrees (Spanish) nueva para próxima convocatoria 2021
- pdfConsiderations for quality assurance of e-learning provision - European Association for Quality Assurance in Higher Education
- pdfImplementation of REACU document "Guidelines for the preparation and evaluation of Bachelor and Master degrees in distance or blended education formats" (REACU agreement, 15 January 2020) (Spanish)
- pdfRoyal Decree 1393/2007, of October 29, establishing the planning of official university education (Consolidated text of March 15, 2019) (Spanish)
- pdfRoyal Decree 99/2011, january 28th, regulating official doctoral training (Consolidated text of June 3, 2016) (Spanish)
- pdfCriteria and Guidelines for the verification of official university degrees (Bachelor and Master) (REACU)
- pdfStandards and criteria for Quality Assurance in the European Higher Education Area (2015)
- pdfEvaluation Protocol for the verification of official doctoral degrees
- pdfREACU - Guidelines for the preparation and evaluation of Bachelor's and Master's degrees in distance and blended learning (Spanish)
- pdfGuidelines for the elaboration of the verification memorandum of Official University Degrees (Spanish)
- pdfSupport Guide for the production of the verification report for Official Doctoral Programmes
- pdfVerification and Modification Committees of Bachelor, Master and Doctorate
- webEvaluation reports for the verification of Official University Degrees (Spanish)
Access to the application for the evaluation of verification memorandums or modification of Official University Degrees: