Royal Decree 822/2021, 28 September, on the organisation of university education and the procedure for its quality assurance, includes an educational approach focused on the student body skills in the new structure of university studies.
This new Royal Decree aims to strengthen trust within the university community and general society, with regard to procedures provided to ensure quality in all the academic offer of the university system, both in public and private scopes. In other words, society must be sure that all the university official Bachelor, Master and Doctorate degrees in Spain are quality assured.
In order to implement a new degree, the University must remit a project report of the degree to the Council of Universities, body responsible for verification, through the electronic site. To issue the verification resolution, the Council of Universities requests a review report to the AAC, the competent quality assurance Agency at the Andalusian Community.
Whether the verification of the study plan proposal is favourable, this is remitted to the autonomous communities, which will make a favourable or unfavourable decision on its authorisation. If it is positive, the degree will be registered in the Register for Universities, Centres and Degrees (RUCT) , Ministry for Education.
- pdfRoyal Decree 822/2021, of September 28, establishing the organization of university education and the quality assurance procedure (Spanish) new
- pdfConsiderations for quality assurance of e-learning provision - European Association for Quality Assurance in Higher Education
- pdfImplementation of REACU document "Guidelines for the preparation and evaluation of Bachelor and Master degrees in distance or blended education formats" (REACU agreement, 15 January 2020) (Spanish)
- pdfRoyal Decree 99/2011, january 28th, regulating official doctoral training (Consolidated text of June 3, 2016) (Spanish)
- pdfRoyal Decree 1393/2007, of October 29, establishing the planning of official university education (Consolidated text of March 15, 2019) Repealed. Applicable only for requests registered prior to their repeal (Spanish)
- pdfCriteria and Guidelines for the verification of official university degrees (Bachelor and Master) (REACU)
- pdfStandards and criteria for Quality Assurance in the European Higher Education Area (2015)
- pdfEvaluation Protocol for the verification of official doctoral degrees
- pdfREACU - Guidelines for the preparation and evaluation of Bachelor's and Master's degrees in distance and blended learning (Spanish)
- pdfGuidelines for the elaboration of the verification memorandum of Official University Degrees (Spanish) nueva convocatoria 2021
- pdfVerification and Modification Committees of Bachelor, Master and Doctorate
- pdfSupport Guide for the production of the verification report for Official Doctoral Programmes
- webEvaluation reports for the verification of Official University Degrees (Spanish)
Access to the application for the evaluation of verification memorandums or modification of Official University Degrees: